How to Join
Who can join the Fellowship?
Registered nurses and midwives who have obtained their qualification from any of the following:
- The Nightingale Training School at St Thomas’ Hospital (later Health District)
- The Nightingale and Guy’s College of Nursing and Midwifery
- The Nightingale and Guy’s College of Health
- The Nightingale Institute, King’s College London
- The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery, King’s College London
Membership at 65 years and older:
- On reaching the age of 65 members are entitled to free Life membership. Please inform the Nightingale Fellowship office if you would like to claim free Life membership.
- If you are applying for membership for the first time and are aged 65 or over you are required to pay one year’s annual subscription as a joining fee. After a year of membership you may then claim free Life membership.
- If you are entitled to free Life membership but wish to continue your annual payment we would ask you to convert your subscription to a donation, which would be payable to the Benevolent Fund and we could then claim Gift Aid from UK tax payers. In order to do this you would need to change your bankers order.
Registered Nurses trained elsewhere:
- Registered nurses and midwives trained elsewhere, but who have held a nursing, midwifery or academic appointment within St Thomas’ or the Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, or one of the nurse training schools listed above for at least 3 consecutive years, are eligible to apply for Associate Membership.
- After ten years of consecutive employment with one of these organisations an Associate member may apply for Full Membership.
- Associate members may also apply for Associate Life Membership upon reaching the age of 65.
From time to time, the Council invites individuals other than nurses to become honorary associate members of the Nightingale Fellowship in recognition of the exceptional support they have given to the Fellowship and/or its members. Three senior medical staff and a former chaplain from St Thomas’ Hospital accepted honorary membership in 2003.
How to re-join if your membership has lapsed
In order to be re-instated, please complete the following form:
Change of Details
For any other changes to your name, address or any points of interest, please complete this form and send it the Fellowship Office as directed.
Keeping in touch
Aside from using the telephone number and email address on our contact page, you can now keep in touch with the The Nightingale Fellowship via Facebook and twitter: